Aurora Real Estate Investment Services, owners and its families have been investing in the Pittsburgh real estate market since 1925. Over the years we have invested in and/or facilitated the investment of hundreds of real estate investment transactions. Due to the fact that we are born and raised in Pittsburgh, currently live in Pittsburgh, and are active Pittsburgh real estate investors, WE KNOW THE PITTSBURGH REAL ESTATE INVESTMENT MARKET!
Benefits of Investing With Us
- Gaining from our knowledge and experience – Over the years we have learned: what areas to invest in and what areas not to invest in, how to locate great real estate investment opportunities, what types of properties to purchase and what types of properties to stay away from, the most effective and efficient materials to use in renovations, how to evaluate tenants, how to use the tenant/landlord laws to best benefit the landlord, how to improve neighborhoods and SO MUCH MORE! YOU WILL BENEFIT FROM THIS KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE AS A RESULT OF WORKING WITH US!
- Growing your real estate portfolio without taking extra time out of your Day – YOU INVEST YOUR MONEY AND WE DO THE REST!
- Learning as you invest – Many investors spend hundreds and even thousands of dollars on real estate investment courses and in the long run see little to no return from these courses. As you invest in real estate through our company, you are able to learn as you make money. INSTEAD OF SPENDING MONEY ON THE NEXT COURSE, PURCHASE A PROPERTY. THE RESULT WILL BE A HANDS ON EDUCATION AND A RETURN ON YOUR MONEY!
- Finally, you become the benefactor of our years of experience and the mistakes we made.
Below you will find a breakdown of the areas we offer investment property opportunities in and the types of properties that we look for in those areas.
Structure of Building
When you see a price range keep in mind that the cost of the building depends on whether the building is brick or wood. Brick buildings will cost more.
City vs. County
- Whether the house is in the city or county if it is a single family the tenant pays all utilities
- If the building is a multi-unit building in the county the tenant pays all utilities
- If the building is a mult-unit building in the city the owner sometimes pays water, sewage and trash
Type of Neighborhoods
Most of the investment property opportunities we offer are in C to B neighborhoods. Our main guideline for determining the rating of the neighborhood is income level (other factors include but are not limited to: Rental demand and employment in the area (very important), crime level, our personal knowledge on the area, the stability of the housing market in the area, the potential for growth in the area and the supply of homes in the area.
- C : Income levels of $25,000 to $35,000
- C+: Income levels of $35,000 to $50,000
- B : Income levels of $51,000 and up
Buy and Hold Markets
Our buy and hold markets primarily consist of The Greater Pittsburgh Region:
Buy and Hold Property Types
Below you will find the average numbers for different types of investment property opportunities that we offer:
* Note: PAR stands for Purchase, Acquisition (our fee) and Renovation
2 Bedroom Home (Single Family Residence)
- PAR: $50,000
- Rent: $650.00 per month and tenant pays all utilities
- ARV: $55,000
3 Bedroom House (Single Family Residence)
- PAR: $55,000 to $62,000
- Rent: $725.00 to $750.00 per month and tenant pays all utilities
- ARV: $62,000 to $70,000
4 Bedroom House (Single Family Residence)
- PAR: $62,000 to $70,000
- Rent: $850.00 per month and tenant pays all utilities
- ARV: $70,000 to $78,000
Duplex (Can vary in number of bedroom per unit but the most common is two 2 bedroom units, so that is what we will use for this example)
- PAR: $80,000 to $90,000
- Rent: $1,100 ($550 per unit) per month and tenant pays all utilities
- ARV: $85,000 to $100,000
- PAR: $120,000 to $160,000
- Base Rents (these are the rental numbers for the different types of units in a four unit building. Due to the variation in each four unit building it is difficult to say what the structure of any giving building might be:
- Studio- $400.00 per month
- 1 Bedroom- $500 per month
- 2 Bedroom- $550 per month
- 3 Bedroom- $625 per month
- ARV: 4 units are very rare in these areas (and sales of them are even more rare) so we are not sure of the ARV and we are not willing to just throw a number out there.